Imagine your child opening your package to find their first doll! Each doll is made by women in our Empowerment Program and is artfully hand-stitched to reflect the traditional dress of different regions in India. All proceeds benefit our village women’s livelihood and the costs of our tailoring & handicraft program. Many of the women in our program are the mothers of children in our school, so your purchase has double the impact.
- Material: soft cotton fabric, hair made of yarn, dresses made from the fabric of Indian saris, beaded jewelry on the face, wrist, and ankles.
- Weight: approx. 1/3 pound
- Measurement: about 15 inches long, 10 inches high when sitting. Each doll is a one-of-a-kind collector’s item and has a tag explaining our cause and dress culture.
- 4 Styles: Rajasthani, Panjabi, Garhwali, Classic Indian Sari
- Detailing: Depending on the style, the garments include leggings, petticoat, sari, top, knit sweater with buttons, shoes, and headdress. All of the clothes can be completely taken off of the doll. The face is hand-embroidered. Beaded jewelry adorns the face, wrists, and ankles. Each doll has a paper tag explaining our cause and the culture of the dress.
- Care: spot clean or hand wash