As a part of our K-12 curriculum, we provide cutting-cutting edge technology training that sets our students apart. This training enables our students to secure well-paying jobs, to support their families and sponsor a new child in our school, thus breaking the cycle of poverty.
In 2008, we opened our Computer Department in School, and it has grown ever since. Thanks to generous donations of people like you, we now have a total of 129 PCs with direct internet access in our 4 state-of-the-art Computer Labs. This infrastructure now enables us to provide real and tangible high-tech training to our students.
All our K-12 students practice in the lab for 10-12 hours a week. We teach specifically designed computer science classes that include concepts, Microsoft Office, typing, programing, advance software programs such as web design, Photoshop, etc.
Unfortunately, after graduation, our students do not have money to attend college and lack access to well-paying jobs available in the Tech sector.
To address this challenge, we will create a Technology Center where our students can learn advance technology skills, soft skills such as teamwork, office protocols, and provide career advice and assistance. This additional training will not only include new and advance technology, but also allow our students to gain experience and find employment.
Currently we are in the process of buying land that will house our 5-story Tech Center.
- The first floor of this building will include a Welcome Reception desk and lounge, meeting rooms and cafeteria.
- Second floor will house a sophisticated Networked Computer Lab where our graduates can learn advance software, hardware and cyber security skills through specialty designed bootcamps.
- The third floor will be Career Center providing career development and assistance, including internships, resume writing, job hunting and interview preparation.
- The fourth floor will be dedicated to those who have obtained jobs/projects, providing them office space, PCs and internet and everything necessary for working remotely.
Mother Miracle School graduates who want to pursue other skills than computer Science can attend The Tech Center, Get a Job, save their money, put themselves in college and pursue their dream.
Kindergarten Lab (4-6 yrs old) learn typing, MS paint & word.
Grade 1-5 MS Excel, PowerPoint, Web design & HTML.
Champion Lab Children have excelled beyond the curriculum.
The job market has changed significantly over the last decade. Top employers like Apple, IBM, and Google are placing more emphasis on what you know, rather than how you learned it and whether you have a 4-year college degree. This is especially true in coding/programming vocations. Burning Glass Technologies, an analytics software company that provides real-time data on job growth, skills in demand, and labor market trends reported in 2018 that learning to code is one of the best skills you can acquire to secure a well-paying career.
- Coding Jobs are in High-Demand: Coding jobs are growing faster than the job market, and are especially useful to Engineers, Scientists, Artists & Designers, Data Analysts, and Information Technology Workers.
- Coding Jobs Pay More: In the USA, jobs requiring coding skills pay $22,000 per year more than jobs that do not. Half of the jobs that pay more than $57,000 a year, require coding skills from job applicants.